BEWARE.

CAUTION ALL PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE EMBEDED WITH TRACKING DEVICE PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND RISK BEING EXPOSED TO GERMS AND DESTROYING YOUR COMPUTER/HANDPHONE.BY ORDER OF ME THE OWNER OF THE BLOG AND PHOTOS.THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THE NOTICE.

Monday, November 10, 2008

HIP HIP HOORAY NO MORE CHEMOTHERAPY



The day my Doctor announced that i would received CHEMOTHERAPY was just as bad as the day i learned i had CANCER.That's because all the things i heard and read about the treatment is all bad.I expect to be laying in bed with my life in the balance-- feeling sick to the stomach,nauseating,vomiting,feverish,coughing,not able to eat,weak,losing weight,not able to work as the "cure" will slowly but surely poison and torture my body with the CHEMO medicine of CISPLATIN AND TAXOTERE.With all the bad news aside i decided to tackle my CHEMO treatment with a positive attitude.This may seem an impossible task,turning a CHEMO protocol into a tolerable and not so bad experience.But then again i can count on my wife, my family, my friends,my colleagues and my employers to help me in my fight for my life.Here is a list,that i noted helped me in my fight thru the CHEMO period and INSYAALLAH for the coming unknown treatment and the probable side effects.
1)Make friends and talk to as many CANCER survivors with a positive attitude.
2)Learn about CANCER and the treatment thru the net, books and listen to your oncologist carefully and note down all that he or she says.
3)Understand that CHEMO TREATMENT targets quickly dividing cells,like cancerous cells,white and red blood cells,platelets,digestive tracts,hair loss and a host of other complications but all these are temporary and accept the fact that CHEMO is intended to make me well and not make me suffer,be strong in the mind about it.
4)Learn how to support the body to cope and believe the best chance to fight and survive the cancer comes from the conventional method i.e.SURGERY,CHEMOTHERAPY,RADIATION,but alternative medications the right ones can complement the traditional approach.Healthy diet,daily exercises,supplements, a good night sleep and a strong mind are some of the ingredients most helpful in coping with the CHEMO treatment.
5)When feeling tired,giving up and moody, retreat to bed with a good book,favourite music and meditation is a big help.Call and speak to the people you know who are genuinely and 100% with you in your fight with the illness.
6)Very importantly get to know your Doctor and nurses well.I made it a point to genuinely become good friends with all of them,feel their efforts and appreciate their care and time given to you.
7)NOT EVER FORGETTING GOD who gave me the added strength and carried me thru the journey spiritually and instrumental in my positive outlook.
8)LOVE ---pure and simple from family and friends,that made CHEMO treatment felt not so bad after all.
Now going into the 2nd week of my last CHEMO on the 22nd oct 08,the journey thru the dark tunnel is definitely getting nearer the other side with light at the end is a true light and not the lights of an oncoming train as said wisely and with humor by my boss and best friend.With GOD'S grace,with family and friends solidly behind urging and encouraging me with prayers, i am sure anything that comes my way may it be CANCER,the treatments,i will fight and fight for that OLYMPIC OF LIFE GOLD MEDAL and be awinner at the end of it all. Having said all,i must thank mostly my wife who has been a true inspiration,very strong minded and of course my pillar of strength .With her by my side it surely was a lot easier.Ina,I love you and like you said 'we will see this thru together'Insyaallah.AMEEN