BEWARE.

CAUTION ALL PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE EMBEDED WITH TRACKING DEVICE PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND RISK BEING EXPOSED TO GERMS AND DESTROYING YOUR COMPUTER/HANDPHONE.BY ORDER OF ME THE OWNER OF THE BLOG AND PHOTOS.THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THE NOTICE.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

JUST THINKING OF THE DAY I CALLED MY FIRST RACE

Picture of me in the commentator box calling my first race.
Today is a sunday and not being at the races in IPOH sort of makes me bored,so much so that i looked for some treasured photos and came up with one of my favourite memories,that is the day i called my first race in 1972 in PENANG.I was sweating alot and it even clogged up my binoculars,a canon 7x50 wide angle and in those days there were no live feed from the TV to help you.Imagine that the 6 furlongs race was run in 1 min 12 secs and to me it was like eternity.Thank god i called the correct horses and from then on it became a career and i went on calling races for the next 12 years b4 taking up new positions in EAST MALAYSIA.I came back in 1994 and rejoined as commentator/starter and till my present post Senior Starter.I never had a teacher to teach me race calling but 3 person attributed to giving me pointers are JIM CHADWICK,DATO TERRY LEE,AND CHRIS LEE.I in fact worked together with chris lee sharing out calling the races in PENANG,IPOH,KL & SINGAPORE for 12 years.I learned the finer points of horsemanship from my late father who was a racehorse trainer.I pray god, insyaallah,i will overcome my illness and still be working for many more years.GOD BLESS.